The Srishti Manipal Institute of Art, Design and Technology (“Srishti Manipal”/ “Institute”) is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of your confidential information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of applicable law.
In particular, we never re-distribute or sell personal information collected on our web servers.
During your registration or usage of the website, you may provide and/or we may access, capture or store various sensitive personal information, personal information or general information or data with respect to your activities or usage on the website.
Certain information or data which you may provide includes:
- Contact Details i.e. email id, mobile number or other telecommunication number
- Email – user identification for communication purposes
- Password(s) associated with the above user identification
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhar Detail, Passport Information
- Educational Qualification, Extracurricular Activities – sports and other interest, employment detail if any
- Mother, Father and Guardian – name, address, educational qualification, work information and mobile number.
- Personal information: Srishti Manipal Institute of Art, Design and Technology and Srishti Manipal websites may collect personal information such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number(s), and/or educational interests. Such personal information may be requested by us for research, event registration, or teaching programs, or for administrative purposes.
Information for which we are not responsible
While using the website, you may provide sensitive personal information, or other general information about yourself or in connection with yourself to third parties. The website may have webpages, cookies, files, software, data or other information or communication links that are originated, created or posted by third parties (including advertisers, content or other partners or users) that can or has the capabilities of collecting, storing or using your data / information. We are not responsible for such data or information collected, stored or used by third parties even if such third parties uses the website to collect, store or use such data or information.
Use of information
The data we collect is only used for the following:
- To allow for interaction | We use personal information such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company/institution to engage in interactions with you, including contacting you about your Application and/or registration with Srishti Manipal.
- To provide support or other services | We may use your personal information to provide you with support or other services that you have requested. We may also use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters or other specific requests, or pass your contact information to the appropriate Srishti Manipal contact for further follow-up related to your requirements and /or interests.
- To provide information based on your needs and respond to your requests | We may use your personal information to provide you with notices of new educational and program developments.
Retention and Withdrawal
You can control the information we have about you and how we use it in several ways.
For registered users/ students: We retain your personal information only for contractual and legal reasons. If you are a registered user, you can review, revise and correct the personal data that you have provided to us by contacting email@example.com
Age of consent
Srishti Manipal does not knowingly collect data from or about children under 16 without the permission of parent(s)/guardian(s). If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 16, please contact us.
Please be rest assured that we treat your personal information and data as strictly confidential.
We use a variety of methods such as firewalls, intrusion detection software and manual security procedures to secure your data against loss or damage and to help protect the accuracy and security of Personal Data and to prevent unauthorized access or improper use.
Your information or data will primarily be stored in electronic form; however, certain data can also be stored in physical form. We may store, collect, process and use your data in countries other than the Republic of India but under full compliance with applicable laws. We may enter into agreement with third parties (in or outside of India) to store your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and we will on a commercial, reasonable basis require such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information / data.
Compliance with laws & law enforcement
Srishti Manipal reserves the right to share your information to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law.
Your European Union Privacy Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679) (also known as GDPR), if you are an individual protected by the GDPR, you may have certain rights as a data subject. To request information about or avail yourself of those rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "GDPR Request" in the subject line. In the email please describe with specificity, the GDPR right you are requesting assistance with. Please note additional information may be requested prior to initiation of a request and that Srishti Manipal reserve the right to charge a fee with respect to certain requests. Upon Srishti Manipal’ s completion of its review, you will be notified if your request has been granted, denied, or exemptions apply.
- To request details of the information we hold about you or if you have provided us with your personal information, but decide at a later date that you no longer want to receive information from us, or if you wish to update us that your contact details have changed or change your preferences, please let us know.
- Information for persons in the EU, EEA or EU citizens:
Users in the EU or EU citizens are granted a number of additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. These include:
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to object;
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- For more information on these rights please read the relevant guidance issued by the ICO: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-reform/overview-of-the-gdpr/
- If you are unhappy with the way we have processed your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you remain unhappy with how your complaint is dealt with, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/). Alternatively, you are entitled to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office without first referring your complaint to us.
We may use your information or data for various communications to you. You have full control regarding which of these communications you want to receive. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective.
Deleting your information
If you wish to have the information or data that you have provided to us deleted, you can always do so by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org . You may note that deletion of certain information or data may lead to cancellation of your registration with the website and your access to certain features of the website. You also agree and acknowledge that certain data or information cannot be deleted or prohibited to be deleted as required under any applicable law, law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings.
This Agreement has been executed and delivered in India, and its interpretations, validity and performance shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of India, and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the COURTS IN BANGALORE.
Users’ access to the website is at their own risk. This website is provided by Srishti Manipal on an "as is" and "as available" basis. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, cyber site disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.