The Undergraduate Skill-based Vocational Program is a 3-year program that is based on the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF levels 4, 5, 6 and 7). Consequently this program is designed to be industry focused, and aims to prepare its graduates for skill-based careers in the creative industries.
The 3 year Undergraduate Skill-based Vocational Program contains modules over each year with learning outcomes that are discrete and independent. Based on developing competencies this program prepares students for the job market.
The program has a competency framework with learning outcomes that allow for multiple pathways, horizontal as well as vertical.
Eligibility for Admission
Applicants should have successfully completed any ONE of the following minimum educational qualifications:
- NSQF Certification Level 4
- State Board, Junior College, Intermediate, HSSC, PUC, Senior Secondary
- National and International Boards – CBSE / ISC / IB / AICE / A Levels
- National Institute of Open Schooling, New Delhi (NIOS) – Senior Secondary
- High School Diploma (USA / CANADA) – Senior Secondary completed with equivalence as per AIU
Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc)
An applicant must successfully complete the 3 Year Undergraduate Skill-based Vocational Program admissions process as outlined in the SMEAT protocol.
Selection Protocols 2022 - Undergraduate Skill-based Vocational Program
Detailed Course Fee Structure for 2022-23 Batch
What are the characteristics of this Program?
This Program is based on the notion of work-based learning, which has been defined as
"Work-based learning (WBL) is an educational strategy that provides students with real-life work experiences where they can apply academic and technical skills and develop their employability." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work-based_learning).
The program goes beyond treating technical education as a lower classification in the hierarchy of higher educational opportunities and while it fulfills the mandate of the National Skills Qualification Framework –NSQF - it works at the higher level of skills and competences needed for the creative industries, which is the fastest growing sector of the Indian economy.
The 3 year Undergraduate Program has certain clear characteristics. They are:
- Duration of a minimum of 3 years to earn a university degree – Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) in an area of specialization
- Has multiple points of entry and exit with certification as per the published norms
- Sequenced guidance and learning in work related tasks (defined as core competences and skills)
- Clear line of sight to work or employment in the relevant sector.
- Clear escalators to levels of higher learning (such as a Masters or Masters cum Doctoral Programs of study ) (Click here to view)
- Work experience based learning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work-based_learning) through a clear and well articulated linkages program.
- Access to and evaluation by industry led standards
- Opportunities to become a specialist in a niche area of the industry
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the (PDF) files that you download. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.