3 Year Undergraduate Skill-based Vocational Program (B.Voc)
The Undergraduate Skill based Vocational Program at Srishti Manipal is a 3-year, industry-focused program leading to an award of Bachelor of Vocation. This develops and shapes your creative potential and prepares you to become a capable and skilled professional across the spectrum of emerging creative industries in India.
This Program is based on the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) levels 4, 5, 6 and 7. NSQF is a nationally integrated education and competency-based skill framework that organizes qualifications according to a series of levels of knowledge, skills and aptitude.
After successful completion of a level, you can leave and join back as and when feasible to upgrade your qualification/skill /competency and earn a Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma or BVoc Degree
Work-based learning (WBL) is an educational strategy that provides you with real-life work experiences to apply academic and vocational skills and develop your employability.
"It is a series of educational courses which integrate the school or university curriculum with the workplace to create a different learning paradigm. "Work-based learning deliberately merges theory with practice and acknowledges the intersection of explicit and tacit forms of knowing."
Bringing the industry into the classroom and vice versa.
With the Bachelor of Vocation, you are eligible to continue your education in the following ways
The creative economy has become a significant transformative force that relies on creative resources with economic, cultural and social aspects that has the potential to facilitate economic growth. These have manifested in the production of advertising, architecture, arts and crafts, design, fashion, film, video, photography, music, performing arts, publishing, research & development, software, computer games, electronic publishing, and TV/radio, among others.
The core principles that govern the design of the unit are as follows:
- Mastery Learning with Guided Practice breaks down competences or skills into subskills, methods and techniques. Through targets taught through modelling and direct instruction followed by guided and independent practice, mastery of core competences and skills are achieved.
- Work Related Learning is the co-design of opportunities/projects by industry based professionals or employers or other stakeholders on the one hand and faculty on the other. Guided and facilitated by mentors this space allows for future employers to participate in the learner’s journey.
- Industry Linkages includes both exposure, orientation and direct interactive learning in real time contexts. This is towards specific jobs and roles, as well as work experience within each course’s respective industrial sector. Linkages between academic institutions and creative industries is inclusive of both economic and social benefits of innovation.
- Fab.Ateliers builds on the values of thinking, modelling and making to challenging design contexts drawn from indigenous knowledge and / or tools from digital technology.
- Public Labs are open spaces that foster DIY thinking along with citizen science and other initiatives to build a culture of learning that is self-initiated, independent and collaborative. Public Labs are open to all learners for purposes of self-study, learning, archiving and developing personal interests in technologies.
- Bootcamps foster accelerated learning of concepts, skills and technologies that are directly linked to either employable, entrepreneurial or livelihood based skills. Working through immersion, with a focus on hands-on problem solving and peer learning rather than instruction.
- Hackathons can range from competitions or events over days to half-day jams or a one day hack-fest. This format encourages brainstorming, pitching of concepts, working in teams and also planning projects as well as development of prototypes.
This course trains students in design, merchandising, productivity and entrepreneurship, to create business-ready design practitioners. The three years of this course align with the levels 4, 5, 6, and 7 of the NSQF guidelines and creates skilled employees for Textile & Handloom, and Apparel, Made-ups & Home Furnishings sectors.
DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCTION
Digital Media Production is a practice that uses digital technology in the production and conception of art and design in the fields of animation, game design and visual effects. The three years of this course align with the Levels 4, 5, 6 and 7 of NSQF guidelines and creates skilled employees for the Media and Entertainment sector.
GRAPHIC ARTS & DESIGN PRACTICES
This course focuses on developing skills that cater to the print as well as web and screen-based design industries, animation and motion graphics. The three years of this course align with the levels 4, 5, 6, and 7 of the NSQF guidelines and creates skilled employees for the Media & Entertainment sector.
INTERIOR DESIGN & BUILD
Interior Design and Build focuses on spatial design with sensitivity to materials, processes, cost and users. The uniqueness of the course is that students learn through hands-on making and working in real world contexts. The three years of this course align with the levels 4, 5, 6, and 7 of the NSQF guidelines and creates skilled employees for Construction, Retail, Tourism & Hospitality and Media & Entertainment sectors.
USER INTERFACE & INTERACTION DESIGN
This course aims to equip students with skill sets to design and develop desirable and useable user interfaces and interaction designs for products and services, that enhance the overall user experience. The three years of this course align with the Levels 4, 5, 6 and 7 of NSQF guidelines and creates skilled employees for the Information Technology - IT enabled Services sector.