Connect :: Extend :: Enrich
Our life is an apprenticeship to the truth that around every circle another can be drawn; that there is no end in nature, but every end is a beginning, and under every deep a lower deep opens. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
PGDP student Swagath Sivakumar performing with Shabnam Virmani as part of his apprenticeship with Kabir Lab. PC Swagath Sivakumar.
This unique program gives students the opportunity to move directly into a practice within the creative sector of their choice.
The Post Graduate Diploma Program, Apprenticeship enriches the learning, that a student has gained from an Undergraduate degree in art, design, architecture or allied fields by giving them a space to practice as an “apprentice” under a master practitioner, artist, designer, historian in their respective labs, centres or projects.
Students apprenticing with Srishti Films shooting on site in Kashmir. PC Sanjay Barnela.
Overview of the Program
This one-year graduate level program is a mentored learning space where students demonstrate intense engagement with their chosen projects and contexts within the lab or the centre.
After completion of Apprenticeship, a student could begin work as a creative professional in companies/ad agencies/design houses/production studios etc. or practice as an independent artist or designer.
The Centres / Labs / Projects that are accepting apprentices’ are
- Students will immerse themselves in projects at the chosen lab or centre.
- This program requires the student to have an independent learning mindset.
- An active learning approach through participation in seminars, reviews and exhibitions is encouraged.
Various projects done at the ArtScience Lab at Srishti. PC Yashas Shetty.
- Self study, autonomy and creative problem solving through research and projects.
- Teamwork and management in response to design briefs' and trans-disciplinary projects.
- Question and extend known skill sets and ability to demonstrate skills through mentored as well as self directed practice.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of a chosen area of knowledge and ability, to communicate the same through a written paper or exhibition.
Postgraduate Diploma in Design
For more information about this program, kindly email Swati Maskeri at email@example.com