The Undergraduate Technical Program is a 3-year program that is based on the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF levels 4, 5, 6 and 7). Consequently this program is designed to be industry focused, and aims to prepare its graduates for skill-based careers in the creative industries.
The 3 year Undergraduate Technical Program contains modules over each year with learning outcomes that are discrete and independent. Based on developing competencies this program prepares students for the job market.
The program has a competency framework with learning outcomes that allow for multiple pathways, horizontal as well as vertical.
Eligibility for Admission
Applicants will be considered in three categories and should have successfully completed any ONE of the following minimum educational qualifications under that category:
- NSQF certification Level 4 in a particular industry sector and opted for admission in the B.Voc degree courses under NSQF in same sector for which he/she was previously certified at school level.
- NSQF certification Level 4 but may like to change their sector and may enter a B.Voc course in a different sector.
- National and International Boards – CBSE / ISC / IB / AICE / A Levels
- State Boards, Junior College, Intermediate, HSSC, PUC, Senior Secondary
- National Institute of Open Schooling, New Delhi (NIOS)- Senior Secondary
- Completed High School – Diploma (USA / CANADA)
Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc)
An applicant must successfully complete the Undergraduate Technical Program admissions process as outlined in the SMEAT protocol.
Selection Protocols 2020
(For Indian Nationals, NRIs PIO/OCI, Nepal and Bhutan)
Selection Protocols 2020
(For Foreign Nationals)
Fee Schedule 2020 - for Indian Applicants
Fee Schedule 2020 - for International Applicants
What are the characteristics of a Technical Program?
The Technical Program is based on the notion of work-based learning, which has been defined as
"Work-based learning (WBL) is an educational strategy that provides students with real-life work experiences where they can apply academic and technical skills and develop their employability." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work-based_learning).
The program goes beyond treating technical education as a lower classification in the hierarchy of higher educational opportunities and while it fulfills the mandate of the National Skills Qualification Framework –NSQF - it works at the higher level of skills and competences needed for the creative industries, which is the fastest growing sector of the Indian economy.
The Undergraduate Technical Program or UGTP has certain clear characteristics. They are:
- Duration of a minimum of 3 years to earn a university degree – Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) in an area of specialization
- Has multiple points of entry and exit with certification as per the published norms
- Sequenced guidance and learning in work related tasks (defined as core competences and skills)
- Clear line of sight to work or employment in the relevant sector.
- Clear escalators to levels of higher learning (such as a PGDP/Masters etc.) (Click here to view)
- Work experience based learning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work-based_learning) through a clear and well articulated linkages program.
- Access to and evaluation by industry led standards
- Opportunities to become a specialist in a niche area of the industry
Application Forms 2020-21 (Downloadable)
Instructions for Filling in OFFLINE Application Form (View/Download) >>
Application Form for Undergraduate Technical Program - Part 1 (View/Download) >>
Application Form for Undergraduate Technical Program (B.Voc) - Part 2 (View/Download) >>
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the (PDF) files that you download. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.