Srishti Manipal Institute of Art, Design and Technology, offers 2-year Postgraduate Professional Programs in Design, Fine Arts and Planning
The program is meant for practitioners who want to grow, develop and extend their practice and fresh graduates who are seeking to add a professional, practical and creative dimension to their existing degrees or qualifications.
Courses in Design
Master of Design (M.Des)
Courses in Fine Arts
Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A)
Courses in Planning
Master of Planning (M.Plan)
Eligibility for Admission
Applicants should have successfully completed any ONE of the following:
- NSQF Certification Level 8 in relevant industry sector
- National and International Universities – 3 year Undergraduate Degree + 1 year Postgraduate Diploma Program (PGDP) from a recognized University
- National and International Universities – 4 year Undergraduate Degree
- Professional Institute – 5 year Undergraduate Degree
Please note that all awarding bodies must be recognised by state and/or central government institutions. Attach two copies of relevant certificates.
Selection Protocols 2022 - Postgraduate Programs
(For Indian Nationals, NRIs PIO/OCI, Nepal and Bhutan)
Will be published soon.
Fee Schedule 2022 - Postgraduate Professional Program
Will be published soon.
What are the characteristics of the Postgraduate Professional Program (PGPP) which is both inquiry and practice based?
"Inquiry-based learning is a form of active learning that starts by posing questions, problems or scenarios—rather than simply presenting established facts or portraying a smooth path to knowledge. The process is often assisted by a facilitator. Inquirers will identify and research issues and questions to develop their knowledge or solutions. Inquiry-based learning includes problem-based learning, and is generally used in small scale investigations and projects, as well as research." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquiry-based_learning
"Practice-based professional learning (pbpl) is understood in contrast to 'classroom-' or 'theory-based' learning. It is kindred to terms such as 'work-based learning', 'workplace' or 'work-centred' learning. Distinctive, though, are a concern for professional learning, and the preference for 'practice' rather than 'work'. While it does not disdain propositional knowledge and what is sometimes called 'theory', its prime interest is in the formation of self-renewing and effective professional practices - a distinct theoretical position in its own right."
The Postgraduate Professional Program blends self directed inquiry with practice based learning in a way that fosters both the development of the field of knowledge and the idea of practice. It has the following characteristics
- Duration of 2 years or 4 semesters leading to an university postgraduate degree – Master of Design (M.Des.), Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) or Master of Planning (M.Plan.)
- Has points of exit and entry that allows for the extension of the 2 years or 4 semesters to a maximum of 4 years ( with drop or repeat of semesters )as per the published norms
- Provides for learner autonomy both in terms of independent study as well as the opportunity to develop self direct inquiry within frameworks or boundaries of the published curriculum.
- Allows flexibility through a well constructed choice based system comprising of declared core units of learning in the field of specialization and a choice of allied units that allow for transdisciplinary capabilities to be fostered.
- Develops capabilities and habits of mind that allow for professional practice to emerge from contexts and problems posed as part of learning.
- Allows for extensive field-based authentic research and practice.
- Develops an understanding of professional practice from both an independent and industry based perspective
- Clear escalation to levels of higher learning or Doctoral Programs of study (Click here to view)
- Access to the creative industries through projects ,internships and capstone opportunities provided within the framework of the curriculum
- Provides an understanding of professional standards and ethics of practice within the course of study
- Opportunities to join industry/creative studio at a mid career professional level or practice as an independent artist or designer.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the (PDF) files that you download. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.